This year marked the 44th annual Bluegrass Festival (presented by Planet Bluegrass) a long time music tradition taking place in picturesque Telluride, Colorado. Craft was thrilled to join approximately 48,000 festival goers over four days; with fantastic music acts lined and a beautiful weather forecast – we experienced nothing but cheery, good vibes flowing through the festival. Craft is proud to represent the cannabis industry at this event by providing free water bottles to hydrate music fans under the hot Colorado sun and also a space to educate individuals on safe consumption of cannabis. Additionally Craft is the only cannabis brand at the music festival; Craft has high hopes to continue working with Planet Bluegrass on the Telluride Bluegrass Music festival.
Plenty of cold craft beers were poured up (thanks to Fat Tire) and loads of sun screen was applied as the sun beat down on the festival grounds. The festival came during the perfect weather window; we didn’t experience a drop of rain during all four beautiful days in Telluride. We were able to experience some amazing bluegrass acts along with the beautiful Telluride San Juan mountain range towering over the festival grounds – the perfect combination of mountains and music. Because this musical gathering has been going on for over forty years the patrons for this festival come from all over the world to listen to Grammy nominated artists such as: Sam Bush, Nora Jones, Dierks Bentley and to catch stellar performances from groups like Greensky Bluegrass and Elephant Revival.
Each day festival goers wait patiently at the festival gates, as the gates open thousands of bluegrass fans race inside to secure the best space for a sun tent, tarp or some comfy lawn chairs. Planet Bluegrass does an amazing job with the festival organization; over ten different food truck options and cold mixed drink refreshments available; there are plenty of resources to keep the ‘festivarians’ comfortable during the ten plus hours of music. Check out some of our images from the festival on our Facebook by clicking here (Craft at Telluride Bluegrass Festival 2017 Photo Album).
Craft’s five festival tips for Telluride Bluegrass festival:
1. THURSDAY! Lots of vendors handing out free swag, and koozies themed for the weekend – be sure to go to the festival early and fill up a backpack full of festival goodies! Not to mention if your camping, you can secure yourself a decent camp spot
2. Sunscreen and hydration – it’s hot in Telluride, remember to apply plenty of sunscreen and stay hydrated, if you forgot your water bottle come stop by the Craft tent for a free one!
3. Temps drop at night – long hot days followed with cool, refreshing evenings, be sure to bring some long sleeves or even a blanket to watch music until the stars come out!
4. Try some unique food: with over ten different food truck options there’s something for everyone but also a great opportunity to try some new foods!
5. Consume RESPONSIBLY! Ten hours is a long time, be sure to pace yourself and take breaks from the sun especially if you’re consuming alcohol
Want to learn more about the Telluride Bluegrass festival? Click here.
Want to learn more about Plant Bluegrass? Click here.
What can Craft do for your festival? Interested in having Craft concentrates join your music event? *Contact us
We provide an amazing, philanthropy based mission during festival/music events where we educate curious consumers on staying safe with cannabis and also pass out items to keep concert goers cool and hydrate such as our: free water bottles and Craft sunglasses.